Polyurethane disks are highly sought after by customers from different industries around the world, requiring top-quality, precision-made products. With its natural benefits and application versatility, it’s easy to see why this type of material is so popular.
These disks are made from tough, durable plastic resistant to abrasion and impact. Additionally, they have a very low coefficient of friction, making them ideal for use in applications where smooth operation and consistent performance are critical.
Advantages of Polyurethane Disks
Polyurethane disks offer many advantages over other materials, such as:
- Excellent abrasion resistance: Polyurethane discs are made to withstand wear and tear, making them ideal for high-traffic areas or applications with a lot of friction.
- Superior impact resistance: These discs are designed to withstand impact better than other materials, making them ideal for use in areas with a risk of dropped objects or collisions. This can be anywhere from industrial settings to recreational areas.
- Good chemical resistance: Polyurethane, in general, performs well in resisting chemicals, and this is true for discs made from this material as well. This makes them ideal for use in environments with harsh chemicals.
- Excellent resilience: Depending on the customer, the range of hardness for polyurethane disks can be adjusted from 10-40% resilience for low rebound compounds and 40-65% where high-frequency vibrations are required.
- Excellent memory: Sizes, thicknesses, and other features are highly adjustable, ensuring that polyurethane disks can return to their original shape after being subject to high impact or stress.
Applications for Polyurethane Discs
Polyurethane discs are used in a variety of applications. Here is a list of industries that can benefit from them:
- Automotive: Polyurethane discs are in high demand for original equipment manufacturers (OEM) and aftermarket products in the automotive industry. These discs can be used for everything from transmission components to anti-sway bars.
- Aerospace: Due to their superior strength and durability, polyurethane discs are commonly used in the aerospace industry for various applications.
- Industrial: Polyurethane discs are also popular in the industrial sector. Different equipment and items, such as conveyor belts, rely on discs made from this material to function correctly.
- Medical: Some medical equipment also relies on polyurethane discs in different applications. For example, this material is often used to make artificial joints and orthopedic braces.
- Marine: Marine equipment should withstand harsh open water conditions, and polyurethane discs are up for the challenge.
Get Your Polyurethane Discs at Uniflex
If you’re interested in purchasing polyurethane discs, you’ve come to the right place. Uniflex carries a wide range of polyurethane discs to suit the needs of different customers. Our products are sure to meet or exceed your expectations with added features such as abrasion, chemical, and impact resistance.
Don’t hesitate to contact us today for more information about our products.
If you want to learn more about Polyurethane Disks or would like to request a quote for a custom job, make sure to contact us! We have a staff of experienced engineers ready to answer your questions and help guide you from concept to solution.